KEEN Education Foundation
Our vision is to build a well-established community of self-reliant and interdependent people with disabilities who can focus on their own gifts, strengths and talents in a happy, fulfilled, inclusive and healthy environment.
To raise awareness of people with disability issues and challenges and contribute essential supports that enhance the learning and lives of exceptional individuals by providing accommodation subsidy, job training, job placements, assistive devices and supports, educational training, workshops, mentorship, counselling and respite.
- Reduce barriers and provide solutions that enrich the lives of people with disabilities and exceptional needs from Indigenous, ethno-cultural and other communities, including children, youth, adults, seniors, families and women by providing life management counselling, crisis and grief counselling as well as addressing any problems faced by people with disabilities.
- Champion the rights of people with disabilities and exceptional needs from all communities with regards to diversity, gender equality, family, women and seniors.
- To address and prevent specific problems faced by families of people with disabilities and exceptional needs by providing parents, children, and youth with online and offline educational programs (e.g. leadership, communication, etc.), mentoring programs, workshops, and seminars on issues such as anger management, conflict resolution, effective communication, thereby enriching the lives of people with disabilities.
- Advance education by providing supports such as books, equipment, computers, digital media aids, specialized programs to people with disabilities and exceptional needs, primarily children and youth from all communities.
- Advance education by assisting people with disabilities and exceptional needs, primarily children and youth, by heightening awareness, providing outreach programs and training for communities including police officers, teachers, social workers and crisis response workers so they can better recognize and respond appropriately to people with disabilities’ challenges including, but not limited to, behavioral, social, physical, communication, sensory and sexuality issues.
- To enhance education by providing scholarships, bursaries, and other forms of financial assistance to people with disabilities and exceptional needs, primarily children and youth to be used for secondary, or post-secondary education.
- To motivate and recognize people with disabilities’ and exceptional needs’ excellence by providing awards to encourage academic, sports and leisure activities.
- Reduce poverty by providing educational programs, housing supplement, facilitating employment, job training and job placement opportunities, life management counselling
and other supportive services to people with disabilities and exceptional needs so that they are self reliant, independent and inter dependant as need be.
- Reduce Poverty by raising money, accepting community donations, selling products and services, providing publications, engaging in legacy programs, for the purpose of providing funding to enhance people with disability and exceptional needs sustainable living and employment programs.
- Research the most effective and efficient biomedical and behavioural treatment interventions while tracking relevant associated data to improve quality of life for the most efficient cost for clients that are exceptional needs.